Civil Engineer Internship
Bolton & Menk is now accepting applications for our 2023 summer internship season.
As a Civil Engineer Intern, you will learn practical on-the-job experience and spend the majority of your time working with construction phase activities. Duties may include assisting with construction observation, performing construction staking, performing construction administration duties such as documenting activities, measuring and testing, providing general oversight, and interacting with contractors, sub-contractors, residents and City Staff. Some internship opportunities may also inlcude working on various reports, completing design calculations, writing specifications, and reviewing shop drawings.
- Degree Programs: Selected candidates will be enrolled in a Civil Engineering degree program or closely related program from an accredited post-secondary institution.
- Minimum Cumulative GPA:2.8.Desired GPA 3.2.
- Current Status: Desired is Sophomore or above with completed coursework in general surveying and AutoCAD drafting
- Students must have the ability to work in extended outdoor conditions and be physically capable of navigating rugged terrain for the purpose of performing the duties outlined above.
- Students must possess a valid drivers license and their own transportation. You will be reimbursed for business-related travel.
- Students must have the ability to read, speak and write English clearly as this position interacts with City staff, City residents, contractors and sub-contractors.
Each year we look for variety of experience, education, and ability for our student intern pool. Some positions may be filled with students who have experience depending on the level of complexity a project or client may require. Preference may be given to students who have completed a previous internship with Bolton & Menk.
Relocation and housing are not included.
WHY BOLTON & MENK?
Work with a creative and hardworking team, who believe in client satisfaction and building relationships. For more than 70years Bolton & Menk, Inc. has served public and private clients in the Upper Midwest with comprehensive planning, design and construction engineering and surveying services. The employees at Bolton & Menk are seeking hard working and ambitious co-workers to join us to deliver tomorrows leading infrastructure projects. Bolton & Menk is employee-owned, is ranked among ENRs Top 500 Design Firms and is a Star Tribune Top 200Workplace in Minnesota. With over 700 employees and 24offices in Minnesota, Iowa, North Dakota. North Carolina, and South Carolinathere are always new challenges and career development opportunities available.
We're Social! Connect with us on Twitter @BoltonandMenk or Facebook BoltonandMenk
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
It is our responsibility and privilege to embrace the diversity of people, thoughts, and experiences necessary to develop infrastructure systems that serve all people. Bolton & Menk, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Job Type : Internship
Education Level : High School, Associate Degree, Bachelors Degree, Masters
Experience Level : Entry Level
Job Function : General