This position is responsible for the overall management of the day to day operations of the dental office, to include but not limited to patient flow, goal attainment, staff training and daily operations of office and staff. Acts as the liaison between the dentist and the employees of the office. May also be required to assist with general front office duties.
• Requires knowledge and experience in office and staff management. Dental Background highly recommended.
• Must have good attention to detail, great communication skills and excellent customer service skills. Good interpersonal skills to maintain effective rapport with patients, dentists, other staff members and community
• Able to adapt to office policy improvements (office is constantly striving for improved customer care/service)
• Conflict resolution experience
• Customer service or patient relations experience
• Quick response/accurate data entry
• Must be focused, personable, punctual and have the ability to handle a busy dental office
SPECIFIC DUTIES :
• Manage day-to-day operations of dental office
• Oversees daily deposits and ensures end of day reports are accurate and reported to regional manager daily
• Oversees the responsibilities and duties of all the office personnel so that the office runs smoothly and efficiently
• Orders supplies for business office
• Ensures inventory and offices ordering is done correctly from other departments
• Fills in anywhere needed throughout the day to achieve daily goal and great patient care
• Maintain the office computer network. Maintain computer software at all work stations. Act as primary liaison between office and network support and between office and the computer company.
• See that all necessary forms for the next workday are ready before closing the office, and that all backlog paperwork is completed before closing the office on Friday
• Keep running total of office production for doctor and hygienist and discuss at morning huddle each morning
• Market the practice internally and externally, help encourage patients to proceed with dental care, and support necessary treatment
• Coordinate community involvement and staff participation
• Establishes staff schedules, daily duties of staff and ensures quality patient care.
• Plans for and helps to conduct staff meetings
• Monitors hours worked by employees
• Trains and rotates staff, as needed to ensure employees are cross trained
• Arrange emergency back-up coverage with regional manager for dentist when dentist is on vacation.
• Performs other duties as needed
• Keep CPR certification current. Keep OSHA and HIPAA training current. Keeps all records updated with HR coordinator.
• Keep appointment scheduler in computer up to date. Enter or change all time off, vacations and holidays.
• Manage professional attire for all staff who routinely work in the front office area • Oversees hiring, job ad placements, screening resumes and interviewing candidates in coordination with HR coordinator.
Ensures All Staff:
1. Always demonstrates exceptional customer service skills
2. Communicates with patients in a courteous, professional and mature manner
3. Answers telephones are answered in a timely and polite manner
4. Accurately enters procedure codes and bills insurance and patients correctly
5. Observes and ensures practice OSHA and HIPAA compliance is met
6. Follows office policies and guidelines
1. Oversees and maintains a safe environment for patients and staff
2. Completes equipment is in working order or repaired in a timely manner
3. Ensures mandatory training and certifications are updated
4. Communicates necessary changes/updates with staff and owner
5. Establishes and ensures emergency procedures are followed, when needed
1. Follows policies and procedures for patient privacy
2. Maintains a great environment for patient care and to help increase referrals
3. Monitor that any patient issues or complaints are addressed accurately and timely
4. Verifies patient flow is controlled well and intake of new patients
Ensures for Owner:
1. All staff are following policy and procedures and enforces correction, if needed
2. Monitors all reports and achievement of goals and reports to doctor, as directed
3. Works with staff and doctor to develop, implement and monitor goals and policies
4. Assures staff meet deadlines on projects
- High School Diploma
- Prior supervisory experience or completion of management training program
- Dental background highly recommended
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : High School, Associate Degree, Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Not Applicable
Job Function : Customer Service, General