Bolton & Menk is growing and we have an opportunity for a Civil Engineering Technician to join our Spencer team. This position offers the opportunity for you to join a well-established firm with a long history of superior service in a growing new office where you can accelerate your career! This region of northwest Iowa is described as progressive, small town living with big city amenities, and very friendly. There are a variety of neighborhoods, outdoor recreation, great restaurants, and community amenities including beautiful Lake Okoboji! Learn more about the area here: http://www.lakescorridor.com/ilcdc
What you will be doing:
- You will have the opportunity to assist our Project Engineers serving our municipal clients in our Spencer area market. You will perform engineering project design and drafting from working sketches and field data, under direct supervision of an engineer or senior technician. Duties include routine testing and construction observation on municipal projects.
- Assisting with design and construction phase activities on municipal projects
- Performing basic design computations, preliminary layout and design, researching and preparing rough drafts of preliminary reports and feasibility studies
- Assisting with project plans and specifications, preparing cost and quantity take-off estimates
- Construction observation activities may include performing construction staking, performing construction administration duties such as documenting activities, measuring and testing, providing general oversight, and interacting with contractors, sub-contractors, residents and City staff.
What we are looking for:
- Associate Degree in Civil Engineering Technology from an accredited institution or equivalent work experience.
- Previous experience with infrastructure design and/or construction observation.
- Must be capable of working in extended outdoor conditions and you must be physically capable of navigating rugged terrain for the purpose of performing the construction observation duties.
- Previous experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D beneficial.
- Must possess basic MS Office skills including Word and Excel.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and your own transportation. You will be reimbursed for business-related travel.
- Ability to actively listen to others for understanding of their needs and situations; ability to read, speak and write English clearly is required. This position interacts with City staff, City residents, contractors and sub-contractors.
WHY BOLTON & MENK?
Work with a creative and hardworking team, who believe in client satisfaction and building relationships. For over 70 years Bolton & Menk, Inc. has served public and private clients with comprehensive planning, design and construction engineering and surveying services. The employees at Bolton & Menk are seeking hard working and ambitious co-workers to join us to deliver tomorrow’s leading infrastructure projects. Bolton & Menk is employee-owned, is ranked among ENR’s Top 500 Design Firms and is a Star Tribune Top 175 Workplace in Minnesota. With over 700 employees and 24 offices in Minnesota, Iowa, North Dakota, North Carolina, and South Carolina there are always new challenges and career development opportunities available.
At Bolton & Menk, we value our people and provide an exceptional Total Compensation and Benefits Package to protect our most valuable asset. We are committed to the well-being of our employees and their families. Perks of being a Bolton & Menk employee include peace of mind with our benefits package and competitive compensation plan, flexible schedules and career development opportunities. Learn more here: https://www.bolton-menk.com/our-benefits
We're Social! Connect with us on Twitter @BoltonandMenk or on Facebook at BoltonandMenk
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bolton & Menk does not accept resumes from third parties.
Bolton & Menk does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third-party agencies in response to Bolton & Menk job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers. Pre-approval from the Bolton & Menk Talent Acquisition team is required before any external candidate can be submitted and such candidate must be submitted to the Bolton & Menk Talent Acquisition team.
Bolton & Menk, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Associate Degree
Experience Level : Entry Level
Job Function : General